Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Finally, a bit of knitting...



What is this silly thing...

Probably a wasted effort! It's a very long Clapotis that I knit out of some lovely water-coloured variegated merino yarn.

The merino wool is much finer than the yarn called for by the Clapotis pattern and I was hoping to end up with a scarf that could be used more like a neck scarf than a small shawl, so I used the same number of stitches as the pattern, but knit it on 3.75mm needles (as required by the merino) and just added many repeats to the pattern. It's an awful lot of knitting!

The end result is a long, skinny Clapotis. I need to block it a bit, but I don't want it to lose all of its curl and bounce, so I'll start by pinning it loosely to my blocking board and spraying it lightly with a bit of water.

If all of this works, this scarf will be part of our local school's Fun Fair Craft Room. Wonder if it will even recoup material costs! LOL

I have a couple weeks left before the Fun Fair, so I might raid my acrylic blend stash and whip out a child sized scarf/hat set out of some colourful Lion Boucle.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Liz said...

My first Clapotis was verrrry long and skinny as well. Still sorta functional, though, it may work better as a table runner than a scarf or shawl :)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

A merino Clap for the funfair? You have a much much bigger heart than I do. Haley looks great..and LYS friendly, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home