Monday, April 24, 2006

Two More Days....Just Two More Days

I just have to keep myself off the disabled list for two more days.

We're leaving for Disney World in two days and it would be nice to be reasonably healthy for the trip. External forces are conspiring against me.

A week ago, I had a professional facial. (finally redeemed hubby's Christmas present) and I must have had a reaction to whatever chemical or fragrance is in those little damp pads that the aesthetician puts on your eyelids...cuz mine puffed up and near swelled shut, leaving me looking suspiciously like a naked mole rat.



The steroid-based whatever that my doctor gave me merely torments the inflammation, causing it to flare and recede at will.

Then a couple days ago, I was unloading the van after an excursion to Costco. I had over-filled a ridiculously large box and was carrying it in my outstretched arms through the garage. I turned to call to Gillian (yes, walking and looking in different directions...a capital offense when my children do it.) and tripped over Clare's bike.

It was one of those slow-motion falls where you get a few split seconds to try to right yourself. During one of those attempts, I stepped into the frame of Clare's bike, sealing my fate for the fall and causing the bike'e handlebars to twist up and spear me in the hooha. Nice. If there had been a two by four with a nail sticking out of it on my garage floor, I could have fallen face first on it to complete my hatrick. As it was, a badly bruised knee, and nasty road rash (ignore the hooha) were the only visible marks. Injured pride is more easily concealed.

I did deliver the finished Hobo Bag to Haley and gathered my courage enough to walk in with it, rather than leave it on the doorstep, ring the buzzer and run...

She was gracious as always...and accepted my offering the way a grandmother would the artistic efforts of a "well-intentioned" if misguided grandchild. She didn't even freak out over the beads!

Heck, she didn't even point out the obvious resemblance between this....


and this...(anatomical model of a stomach!)




BTW, look what I found at Haley's store...(knitomatic)


Isn't it so cute you could spit!

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH! What a bad string of events you've had. Look at the bright side... on two days you're going to Disney World, that should be fun right? ;)

Hope you recuperate quickly.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelle, I think the bag is really nice. Stop being so hard on yourself, ya ninny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home