Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm Late, I'm Late for a Very Important Date...


No time to say Hello, Goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late....

Or words to that effect.

Technically, I'm not late for anything yet, but the next three weeks are jammed packed with a trip to Disney World, Ellery's play and a week of "Dog Handler Training" for me! My world has shrunk down into a series of short term deadlines...appointments which must be kept, travel documents which must be located, kids sneakers which must be purchased....you get the idea.

Frankly, Alton Brown ("my boyfriend" as the kids refer to him) could park his limo at my front door, wave a big@ss diamond under my nose and promise to take me away from everything if I'd run off with him...and I'd tell him that I'd get back to him after the 13th. :-(

Sadly, knitting has fallen victim to the time trap.

Work continues slowly on the Hobo Bag and the Adirondack Sweater. Although, I did manage to get a good chunk of the sweater completed at The Wild this weekend. FWIW, The Wild was much better than I expected. Not a Finding Nemo or Shrek, but certainly relatively painless for an adult to watch and the computer animation is impressive. Hey, any movie with William Shatner as the villain/choregrapher wildebeast can't be all bad.

I'm down to the sleeves on the Adirondack Sweater now, so knitting it is getting to be a bit like having a retriever nap on your lap.

I'll need some more portable knitting for my upcoming travels, so I'm considering whipping up another Clapotis. , this time using a lighter weight merino wool to encourage the type of curl shown in the photo. (My previous Clapotis utilized a lovely silk that was beautiful, but really limp. I sort of like the curl that everyone tries to block out!) Anyway, I've been asked to contribute something to the Craft Room at the School Fundraiser, so if the result is halfway presentable...this will be it!

Ok, knitting/crafting question of the week....what is this, and what is it for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home