Wednesday, March 01, 2006

It finally happened...

Disease and pestilence have descended upon our house...


I'm home with three sick kids right now. The last week has been a roll of the dice as to whether or not the kids finish out a day at school. I've picked all three of them up from school at various times this week (they really seemed fine when I shooed them out in the morning).

I've decided to save myself the trouble and humiliation and declare tomorrow a UNIVERSAL SICK DAY. I'm not even going to consider sending anyone to school, then I won't risk failure, or worse, being judged a callous and insensitive mother for forcing my deathly ill pups to attend school.

In knitting news, I spent the last couple days swatching "also rans". Stuff that might have momentarily seemed like a good idea, but failed to gel into anything remotely suitable. I won't immortalize my failure with photos. Somehow, given that I'm surrounded by mopey, sick pups, being surrounded by hopeless, useless knitted bits seems appropriate.

So, tomorrow is Family Sick Day. I'll be pouring lots of juice and feeling many foreheads. Keep us in your thoughts.

3 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sending prayers and Reiki to you and your little ones. Hope everyone gets better soon!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle! I hope your cuties are feeling better! I am home with John and Giselle today because school is CLOSED - the roads are too icy. I will knit while they amuse themselves!
Renee

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Chelle said...

For whatever reason, knitting is not an approved mom activity when the kids are home. Fortunately, a local chain of craft stores declared bankruptcy last week and I have a big bag of rainy day activities on hand to distract them during their more lucid moments. That and baking with Gillian!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home