Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Progress...


Ok, Team Canada, here is my contribution to the Olympic effort...

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this magic loop thing, and I figured out how to turn the heel, but...

So far, I'm following the instructions in the book (Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks, Warm Feet) as closely as possible while translating them for the one circular needle technique. Consequently, I'm learning enough new stuff at the same time that I'm not completely happy with a few of the stitches at the "seam" part of the sock. (the equivalent of where the dpns would join)

Anyway, I'm continuing with this first sock, but more than half expecting that I will knit its mate, then re-knit the first sock. Otherwise, those handful of loose stitches and less than perfect stitch pick up at the heel flap with make me crazy whenever I look at the sock!

Knitting class is continuing brilliantly! Our numbers aren't what they were in the first few weeks, but that is not a bad thing. I have 3 teachers/mommies helping me and with a class of 12 to 15 students we can spend a bit of time with each one. We almost have "Casting On" perfected!

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Olympic contribution is getting along so well, I absolutely love the colors you chose! Have fun knitting!

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your sock looks beautiful! I love the colorway!

I'm rooting for you!

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home