Friday, January 20, 2006

Another Finished Object- But Not By Moi!



Remember Deb and her phonecall to me about my pattern for the Looped Muff in Spun Magazine? She kindly provided me with a photo of her finished project. The lovely model and recipient of the finished muff is Monica, who despite her youth suffers from osteoarthritis. The OA, combined with the surgeries and splints necessary to strengthen her wrists make both mittens and gloves a very painful prospect.

Lucky for Monica, her resourceful friend Deb searched out better hand-warming options on the Internet, and came across Spun Magazine! Deb, a self-confessed beginning knitter, tackled the project, successfully integrating a few modifications (improvements) along the way and FINISHED BY CHRISTMAS! (How many of us old knitting biddies can say that!)

Hats off to you Deb!

3 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Found your site through Chicknits. The muff is beautiful! I'll be back from time to time.

Give my regards to Monica. I'm celebrating the one-year anniversary of my hip-replacement. Last year, I could hardly walk, so I understand. Wrists are harder than the hip, but you'll get better!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the pic. on the website does the finished product justice - maybe just my computer's video card?
I work with Deb and Monica so I got to see the finished product - the colors are lovely shades of greens and blues - Deb did an awesome job!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Hey, I agree about the colours! I used the same shade for the prototype muff and the colours are much more mermaidy and vibrant! Granted, my video card could use a tweak too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home