Sunday, December 18, 2005

Oops I did it again!

Rather, I didn't do it again...

I forgot to snap a picture of a finished object before sending it off to my nephew. It was the Rowan Hamish vest (with a little matching watch cap) in the Navy Blue shade of Sisik. It was a great yarn choice for a little vest because the slight multicoloured slub gave a stockingette stitch vest some interest. It was rather cute, if I do say so myself, but you'll have to take my word on that.

I'm not really surprised that I forgot to take the picture, I delivered the vest/hat combo to my brother-in-law at a family Christmas lunch yesterday. In addition to tidying myself and the girls (hubby can usually be trusted to dress himself) I had to wrap all the holiday gifts for my two nephews, my new sister-in-law, (my secret santa pick), my other SIL's husband (DH's santa pick), a wedding gift for the almost newly-weds and provide dessert. I'm lucky I didn't leave one of my kids in the driveway.

Well, I'm down to just the baby bathrobe and Cinxia on the needles...so....

I need a new project!



In the interest of eroding the stash, I picked a kid project that I will make out of some cinnamon coloured Aran that I purchased a couple years ago. (I don't think there is enough to eek out a sweater for moi and the yarn might be a bit chunky/bulky for a vest that doesn't make me look equally chunky/bulky.)

The pattern is Molly and itis from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits book.

BTW, I received a phonecall today from someone with a question about my Spun pattern If you are reading this D, I hope that I was able to help a bit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home