Monday, November 14, 2005

WIP update, without pictures... :-(

Dead camera battery and I'm too impatient to wait for it to recharge!

I have a few projects on the go:

Cinxia - I've finished both sleeves and am gathering up my courage to put all the pieces on one needle!

Rowan Vest - The bulk of the knitting is finished. I have to tinker with the shoulders a bit. I knit them according to the pattern directions, but the shoulders are a bit more sloped than I think they need to me, plus I'm concerned about how thick the seams will look on a small garment knit with a full yarn like Sisik. I'm going to test stitch the shoulders and figure out if I should frog/reknit/3-needle bind-off the shoulders instead.

Brittany Jumper - I've finished about 4 inches above the picot hem. This is a great on-the-go project...circular knitting with no row counting!

Since things are almost under control...I'm swatching bits and pieces for this...



The pattern calls for baby cashmerino, which is a little out of my price range and not the easiest care yarn for baby clothes. I'm thinking of making this robe a bit more casual with Sirdar Snowflake (from the stash, natch). So far, the swatches have a nice, chenilley-look to them, which sort of suits a wrap-around bathrobe. The Snowflake is however, icky to work with. It pulls more than any chenille or boucle that I've used and the stitches are very difficult to see on the needles.


Oh, and an unrelated funny...

I have a tendency to walk and knit, usually with a skein of yarn stuffed in my pocket, or a small knitting bag tucked under my arm. I was standing outside the girls' school last week, knitting the Brittany jumper while waiting for the final bell. Ellery appeared around the corner, working on her scarf...knitting bag tucked firmly under her arm. I thought the mum next to me would die laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home