Monday, September 19, 2005

What sound does a frog make? Rippit, rippit...

Yup, I gave up.

I was hoping to make Theresa from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits book using some Butterfly 10 that I had lying around. I achieved gauge with the suggested needles, knit about 6 inches of the back and the bottom flipped up. The bottom edge is 3 rows of garter stitch.

I tried decreasing the needle size for the garter rows at the beginning, but it happened again.







Larger gauge garter row is on top, smaller on the bottom. Big improvement, no?

Anyway, I'm still convinced that Theresa can be made out of the Butterfly 10 yarn. I might try some more swatches and see if adding a couple more rows of garter has any effect.

If that doesn't work, I might be able to substitute a few rows of moss stitch for the garter rows?

Other than that, I'm kinda lost. Applied I-cord might be my only hope. It might make a nice finish to the bottom of the sweater and I could use it to replace the ribbon tie.

I suppose I could stitch the cast-on edge of the garter row under slightly, like a hem.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home