Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'm Back!....Did ya miss me?

Back after a few days in Las Vegas...strangely enough the house hadn't caught on fire, the kids were clean, safe and well-fed and domestic life as I know it continued on in my absence. Whodathunk it?

This morning, for the first time in a few days, I was awakened by the pitter-patter of smallish feet. "Didja get my backpack?"...Target backpacks were the promised "when I get home present for the girls". Nice to be missed.

Anyway, I spent three glorious days eating too much, drinking too much and stuffing too many US$ into one-armed bandits. A fabulous break from reality! I did have one late morning to kill when my husband was forced to make an appearance at the conference that financed part of our little field trip. So, what did I do??

A leisurely breakfast spent drinking coffee and reading my book ..."Republic of Love" by Carol Shields, followed by a quick trip to Wooly Wonders!

I bothered the ever-patient and gracious Barbara for an obscene length of time, chatting about books, needles and of course yarn.

And only a couple things followed me home

A tweedy Cascade 220...


which just might be tweaked into Cinxia from the current Knitty


and a Chibi, but not a pink one

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Fabulously great minds think alike. Did you read my post from Saturday?

Talkin' about the Chibi (same colour and I wanted the pink as well).

Glad to here you had a nice little getaway and that it included yarn is just the topping on the cake, oui?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Liz said...

What's a Chibi??!

( I hope that's not a dumb question, or something I should know by now :) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home