Friday, September 09, 2005

Viva Las Vegas!

I'm tagging along on a business trip with DH! Four days and three nights, but it's taking a small army to replace me on the homefront! (I should feel special, I guess)

Anyway, DH's conference is in Las Vegas, so after having read numerous instructive posts on the subject I'm going to be assessing the feasibility of transporting knitting needles on planes - first hand. Wish me luck...I'm a nervous flyer since forever, so if I don't have some knitting to distract me, it could be a very long, uncomfortable flight, particularly for those unlucky enough to be seated near me.

I've put together my little on-board knitting kit, complete with a copy of Transport Canada's list of prohibited and acceptable in-cabin items (knitting needles shown clearly to be acceptable), innocent looking 3.75mm bamboo needles and the pattern for this...



It's Theresa from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits book.

I'm making it with Butterfly Super 10 cotton, in part because of the expense/impracticality of cashmere for kids and in part because I have a lot of Butterfly on hand in quantities suitable for kids sweaters. (still nibbling away at my stash)

There are only two yarn stores in Las Vegas and I only have one day where I won't be travelling with DH (who is a pretty good sport about my yarn habit, but shouldn't be antagonized unnecessarily with browsing trips to yarneries...) so, I may or may not have souvenirs to post when I return...

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home