Friday, July 22, 2005

Shadow Stripe Top

This was meant to be a quick and easy summer top. (From Knitter's Magazine a couple of seasons ago) It is very easy, but the relatively fine gauge and the splitty nature of the yarn made it a bit more of a project than I had originally anticipated. It's been so hot though, that even had I finished it a couple weeks ago, it would have been too warm to wear.



The most surprising thing is that it fits! I tinkered with the needle size and gauge (cuz I had my heart set on using some Yarn Art Summer that I had in my stash), so I figured that the finished size would be a guesstimate at best. Sorry, no picutre of me modelling the top cuz I'm home alone and can't figure out how to photograph myself without getting a really unflattering angle of my widest points!

We're headed to the cottage this evening, so I've got some time to get going on the little boy's sweater that I need for next weekend. I'm unhappy with how my swatches looked for the zipped cardigan or wrapped collar sweaters (see stork post below), so I'm reswatching a variation of Devan from Knitty.
Holli Yeoh sells patterns on line (at Bee's Knee's Knits!) for children's sweaters made from self-patterning sock yarn. I couldn't resist JoJo

If that doesn't work, I'll test a moss-stitch and cable cardigan from Debbie Bliss' "The Baby Knits Book".

Anyway, I have to finish packing...have a great weekend!

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Thanks for the compliment on my hat!! It was really quick and easy to make, so I'll probably be using the pattern to make christmas gifts this year. Thanks for the yarn suggestion, I'll look into that!!!
Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home