Friday, July 08, 2005

Guess What??!!




NOT ME!!!

One of Gillian's therapists (whom we've known for about 4 years now) just adopted a baby boy from the Soviet Union! He is absolutely gorgeous, based on the pictures that I've seen. His official welcoming party is August 1st, so I have to figure out something to make for him.

Vlad isn't really a baby, he's a bit more than one right now, so I'm leaning towards a two-year old sized sweater. He will probably receive a lot of right now stuff, so something for later might be appreciated.

I like this Debbie Bliss sweater and have a nice wool/acrylic blend in a dull copper/grey marl that is swatching nicely. I'll make a sleeve this week to get a better idea of what it will look like knitted up. I have a second option, another Debbie Bliss zippered cardigan with straight lines and a bit of seed stitch detailing. (no pictures of swatches...DH has my camera)





I'm just starting the back of the plum coloured shadow stripe top, but with it's smallish gauge, it's slow going.

Not too sure how much knitting I'll get done over the next couple days. DH is in Greece attending his brother's wedding and I'm managing the pups (without benefit of camps or classes for any of them, so I'll be busy thinking up fun ways to pass long, hot days at home)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home