Friday, May 06, 2005

Frustrated....bad knitting week....



I killed my computer. Some sort of Master Boot Record malfunction which necessitated re-formatting the hard drive. Yikes! Fortunately, I was able to remove the hard drive from the computer before reformatting it and use a second computer to retrieve email, photos and other important files. The big pain was the hours it took just to get back to where I was days before.

The timing was particularly awful from a knitting standpoint, in that my SIL's baby shower is the weekend of the 14th. Working backwards, I figure that I will need two days to block the finished blanket and a few hours to weave the ends in neatly...I still have about 12 hours of solid knitting to get to this finishing point. I have finished the body of the blanket and am knitting the eyelet border and saw-toothed edging. It isn't difficult, but it's not quick knitting, mostly because of the awkwardness of jostling the entire blanket on your lap while working on an eight stitch section.

No pictures of course. I'm not trying to keep you in suspense until I have a finished object, I just haven't gotten around to re-installing the camera software and I can't afford much more non-knitting leisure time!

On a non-knitting note, Gillian's IPRC meeting was last Tuesday. I was prepared for the worst, but it is always disheartening to read reports and hear "experts" discuss your loving, treasured child in terms of her "glaring" deficiencies. Disheartening isn't really the feeling...crushing is closer to the sensation. Anyway, the upshot is that she was recommended for an appropriate, supported Grade 1 placement, which I will be allowed to visit before accepting for Gillian. I am cautiously optimistic.



Apologies to the members of the Scarborough Stitch N Bitch for being such a wet blanket on Tuesday night. I had expected my spirits to be more buoyant after the meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home