Friday, April 22, 2005

Some WIPs....warning, lousy pictures

It's been a busy week, not much time for the WIPs!

Dh has left town to finish emptying his late mother's house in preparation for its new owners who will be moving in next month, so, I'm doing the single mum thing, but also had to scramble to locate all the baby paraphenalia that I had packed away for SIL, of course this was complicated by a minor basement flood and an all-morning psychological assessment downtown for Gillian. (Whew!) (deliberate run on sentence, please don't flame me for grammar!)

Geez, hard to fit in any knitting.

Especially when "frogging" seems to be the technique preferred by the Alphabet blanket!



Here is the miserable amount of progress that I've made to date on the blanket. I've been invited to a Baby Shower for SIL on the 14th of May, so maybe that will build a fire under my backside to hurry up with this thing!

I have made one important discovery about the Alphabet Blanket. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WORK ON IT AFTER 10PM! Not surprisingly, most of my errors occur when I'm a bit tired and too boggle-eyed to read the chart correctly. This is an early in the day project only!

I am also working on one of these...



Minus of course, the braless, nipple-interest features! I'm using Rowan Cotton tape in a luscious terra-cotta rose colour, which is completely distorted by my camera. Trust me, the colour is much nicer than the picture.



And finally, a child sized version of the cloche hat, using a very kid-friendly shade of Cascade Fixation!



So that's it, that's all for now. I should log off the computer and whip out a couple rows of that nasty blanket while it's daylight!

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Thanks for the comment about the Buttonhole bag, you should give one a try, easypeasy.

Must commend you on your determination with the blanket, I do not have that kind of fortitude.

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home