Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I've fallen and I can't get up....knitting wise

I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't seem to get going on this baby blanket. After completing about 20cm of chevron blanket with a wider moss stitch border, I decided that I didn't care for it either and discarded it. (no photo...hey, once you've seen one blurry, aqua-coloured blanket bit, you've seen them all.)

Maybe this yarn just isn't destined to become a baby blanket and is therefore resisting my efforts to knit it into one.

I'm starting over, with a different yarn. I'm using a double strand of a fingering-weight superwash wool in a pale lemon colour to make Debbie Bliss' Alphabet Block Baby Blanket from Simple Knits.

Here's what it looks like, (according to package directions)



Another note to self: Check errata pages before beginning complex chart patterns. I hit a snag 11 rows into the block pattern and wound up frogging a few rows before I corrected my error. Sure as shooting, the errata page (on the web) listed row 11 as being troublesome. Coulda saved some braincells there.

The pattern is interesting and it has been ages since I've knit anything substantial from a chart, so after the lesson learned regarding errata pages, it should be fun! It isn't really mindless knitting, (or at least knitting that I can pick up and put down in the five minutes before the schoolbell rings for dismissal), so I also started...

The Stitch N Bitch Big Bad Baby Blanket. I'm using two strands of Lana Gatto Wool Gatto in place of the Koigu PPP, partly for economic reasons and partly for practicality (having spawned a "refluxy" pup myself)
Not enough progress on either project to merit a WIP photo yet!

So, hopefully my new projects will shake me out of this knitting funk. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Oh Chelle I didn't realize that while I spent last week on my lily pad you were there right beside me! LOL

But seriously, I'm sorry you are in a funk...but look at all the beautiful things you have made in the past and I'm sure something will come to you that fits that pretty blue yarn.

Don't let the yarn win! :)

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home