Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Clapotis Update

Ok, here is Clapotis so far...



The end curled up on itself, it is actually pointed! It isn't a difficult knit once you get the hang of it, but after so many tiny projects, like bags and scarves, there seems to be an awful lot of knitting here.

I have dropped a few stitches to create the rung pattern. The yarn that I'm using is Estelle 100% Silk (which passed as cotton to everyone at SNB last night!) and it is fairly rough in texture. Because of this, the dropped stitches don't unravel with the same satisfying zzzzip that pulling on a pair of snagged pantyhose provides. I'm going to have to tease the stitches loose a couple at a time.

Like this...


Oh, and after grousing about stashes and the likelihood of the "length of life (per insurance annuity tables)/sustainable rate of knitting/size of stash" equation equalling anything but an embarrassing mess for our beneficiaries, I did the unthinkable...



They followed me home, they really did. After reading about Paton's Classic Merino on another board yesterday and popping in to Lewiscraft to pick up some art supplies for the pups, I found these two orphans in the remainder bin. C'mon, for $3 it's a sin to leave them behind.

It's alright, I'm in control of my stash, I can stop anytime I want.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Hi Chelle!
Thank you so much for the help with the pfb stitch. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, (haven't had much of a chance to do anything today) but your explanation makes sense to me and hopefully that means I can translate it to the needles. Thanks again so much, I appreciate it!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

I just ordered Shimmer from KnitPicks so I can jump on the Clapotis bandwagon. I so don't need any more yarn, but have nothing suitable in my stash--so how come I ordered 4 skeins, 2 of each of 2 colorways and 3 skeins of the alpaca laceweight for good measure? So I could get free shipping, that's why!

You can't move in my house because of the size of my stash!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home