Friday, January 14, 2005

I'm such a klutz...

Not much knitting content lately, cuz not much knitting.

Last weekend, I used a dishcloth instead of an oven mitt to remove a cookie sheet from a 450 degree oven. The cloth slipped and I branded my thumb. Knitting, typing, opening mayonnaise jars and many other simple pleasures of life have been temporarily curtailed.



It's been a week and it still looks and feels awful. I can't imagine how painful it must be for burn victims with burns covering large portions of their bodies!

Also, the sick pup fairy has revisited. Gilly had a mystery virus last weekend, which caused her to stop eating, run a fever and spend two days on the sofa staring at the world through glassy eyes. Yesterday, Clare succumbed to the illness.



Anyway, the knitting hiatus has given me a chance to plan my next projects. I have a few things on the go, as usual:

1) I'm trying to work something up for the maiden issue of Spun Magazine "Spun Lite" (a surprise!)

2) I'm trying to figure out what to do with a couple balls of luscious Skacel Schoeller Stahl College (cream and caramel twist, thanks Haley) I'd planned to make a scarf for me (since the colour would co-ordinate nicely with my leopard hat) I might try the heart scarf from Knitty's special "breast cancer awareness" mini-issue. I think the gauge is close enough. (If I can ever hold needles again, I will confirm this!)

3) There is a sleeved wrap in the fall issue of Vogue Knitting that looks suspiciously like the DKNY sleeved wrap belonging to a friend of mine that I have coveted ...(very different yarn/gauge, but similar design) I've been playing around with a yarn in my stash to see if I can make it work with a bit of pattern tweaking. I like the design in VK, but I can really live without the funfur...something about women of a certain age dressing like Persian kittens...

So, if I can't knit with any speed or accuracy, I can use my time to dream about and plan knitting projects.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A wonderful fun Persian cat site with lots of pictures of Persian Kittens.

-----------
hesslei...

Persian Kittens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home