Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Stitch N Bitch Last Night!

A Scarborough Stitch N Bitch...and people actually attended!

It was great to get out, drink fancy coffees, talk to adults (who knit no less) and chip away at a couple neglected projects.



Here is Clare's top-down sweater dress. I'm waiting for a set of 12 inch circular needles to arrive in the mail before I start the sleeves. Yeah, I know that dpns would work, but I'm anxious to try the short circulars (possibly working up to a sock!) and I figure that child-sized sleeves aren't too much of a commitment if I don't like them. So now, this project is on hold as I eagerly race to the mailbox everyday looking for my new needles. How sad is it when the mail is a major highlight in your day?



Here is the heart scarf from Knitty's Breast Cancer Awareness issue. I'm not having the symmetry issues that Stephannie described in the pattern text (since it's just a scarf for me and all!) so I'm knitting it in one piece rather than two pieces.

I'm also making some progress on my secret project, but of course because it is a secret...no pics yet!

Clare continues to make a slow recovery. Last night she was up with a cough from 2am until 6am...so neither of us are bright-eyed or bushy-tailed today. Forgive the spelling!

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Just wondering where the SnB was in Scarborough?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home