Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Heart Scarf

Here it is on the blocking board. It didn't need much fussing, just a bit of dampening and drying flat to remove a bit of curl from the edges. I'm rather pleased at how it turned out, although with the variegated yarn that is slightly thinner than the alpaca that pattern called for, the hearts don't stand out quite as distinctly as they do in the Knitty photo.




Here it is spread out so that you can see a bit more of the pattern. The yarn is Skacel Schoeller Stahl College and is lovely and soft for a scarf. It is certainly a step up from swiping my daughters' crayon coloured scarves as I dash out to the minivan in the morning.



I've finally fallen into a rhythm with Clapotis...(after a few false starts with the pfb stitch) Hopefully, by the end of the weekend I'll have some noticable progress to post.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Hey, you know, that PFB thing is the only thing keeping me from making Clapotis...here I was, thinking I knew a lot about knitting, but I just cannot figure this thing out, my stitches end up twisted or theres one too many, so obviously I'm not doing it right...is it possible to explain what you did to make it work in words? I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks,
Lizzie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home