Thursday, February 10, 2005

Coming Along

Ok, after many forces of nature conspired to erode my knitting time, (have you ever had your cellphone ring in your pediatrician's office, while you are having two of your children checked for tonsillitis and it's your third daughter's school asking you to come pick her up because she too, is sick?...that's what this week has been like) I did manage to complete the knitting portion of Clapotis.

Here it is, in all its glory, sprawled out on my now familiar kitchen island.



(The little things that look like pompoms are the ends of the yarn that were too short to complete a row.) At the end of it, I had a teeny ball of yarn, maybe half the size of a golfball, leftover. So much for my careful arithmetic.

It does need some blocking, so I'm doing a bit of research. I've never blocked silk before and the slubby texture concerns me a bit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.


Oh, and in the "shouldn't be admitting this" category, I'm whipping up some Lion Brand Fun Fur scarves for three little girls who will be visiting us in about a week. Hey, it's fluffy, fuzzy, pink, purple and yellow...everything 6 year old girls love!

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I just came across your blog. It's nice to see other moms who knit and have similar small children issues (i.e. knitting a batch of scarves for 6 year olds). Hectic week - hang in there! :-)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Chelle said...

Maggie,

I did wind up pinning it to a board and spritzing it lightly to block. I was afraid that silk would be too delicate for a real wet block.

In order to accomodate my yarn shortage, I ripped back to the straight section of the pattern and reduced the number of repeats from 13 to 12. I doubt that anyone except a real afficianado of Clapotis would notice!

I haven't bonded yet with my Clapotis. I haven't given up on it either. Perhaps the subject of a future post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home