Thursday, May 19, 2005

On the Needles...

So, now that the Alphabet Baby Blanket is finished, what am I doing?

Well, the girls' school is holding their fundraiser on June 4th, so I'm trying to finish up a couple quick felted bags for the silent auction room.

This...


will be...the Flower Power Bag



I have a partially completed Perfect Pouch and Flappy Bag to finish as well before the fair.

Not sure what I'm going to do with this, but I was dying to try it out:



It's the Via Diagonale bag from the current issue of Knitty

I'm using some dark navy and camel Butterfly 10 cotton that I had in my stash. It looks very nice so far...fingers crossed! It's sort of a mosaic knit, in that while the two colours appear to be used on the same rows, you actually knit with only one colour at once and slip the contrasting colour stitch from the previous row. Nice effect, but it does mean that the work takes a long time to "grow". This definitely WON'T be a project for the fundraiser!

Anyway, that's what I'm up to...how about you?

1 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you great success for the silent auction. I have only been to one once and it was like 10 years ago. Wish we had silent auctions around here, it's a great idea to contribute something knitted. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home