Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Finished Object...

But no photo... :(

I finished the Rowan Cotton Tank Top (minus extraneous boobage detail) and neglected to take a photo before sending it off...DOH.

You'll have to take my word for it that the tank top is complete.

I'm having a love/hate thing with Rowan Cotton Tape. It has a very interesting texture and comes in lovely colours, but it can be really tricky to work with. Because the tape is so thick, (I believe that it calls for 9 or 10 mm needles) it's difficult to make tidy seams that aren't bulky. If I made the tank top again, I would use circular needles to avoid the side seams. That would lead to another problem. Weaving ends in is an unavoidable fact of circular knitting and I haven't met anyone who has worked with Rowan Cotton Tape that is completely happy with the results.

However, I have made a handbag from Rowan Cotton Tape that was very nice, but lining the bag solved the bulky seam problem.

This is similar to the Rowan Cotton Tape bag (cheap acrylic substitute!)




I got a new toy today!!



Yup, a yarn swift! I've been winding up some of my Cascade 220 in preparation to whip up a couple Flower Power Bags for the local school fundraiser and this will definitely speed the process!

And since I was at Knitomatic, I did pick up a few balls of Safari in a warm gold colour. It's a tape yarn that resembles colourful strips of Tyvek. I think it will be great for straw-like summer bags!

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

I absolutely adore that alphabet baby blanket. It's gorgeous and oh so sweet! The baby who is getting that will love it too, and it'll be a good way for him/her to learn the ABC's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home