Friday, August 26, 2005

While I'm waiting...

For that stray ball of Lion Boucle to arrive in the mail, I'll tempt fate again and try to knit down my stash.

This time I'm using 10 balls of Online Chippy (also a boucle) in an odd mix of black, burnt orange and scarlet. It sounds atrocious, but the colours knit up into a fairly firm fabric with a colour reminiscent of autumn leaves. I'm hoping to squeak a zippered cardigan for my oldest out of my stash. Once again, the pattern that I'm using as a guide suggests it's gonna be close. (I've changed design details, the type of yarn required and the needle size to obtain gauge, so the pattern is really just a good guesstimate for yardage.) Guess I like to live dangerously.

Anyway, here is a picture of the scrap that I started. I hope that the colour shows up on your monitor, it really is lovely.

On the plus side, unlike Clare's Circus Coat, if I wind up short of yarn on this project, there are a few corners I can cut to salvage things. I can make the pocket linings and the collar in solid black yarn. Both the linings and collar are knit right at the end, so I won't have to unravel and reknit anything. I better have a plan B with this project, because the yarn is quite old and certainly discontinued. Well, that's what I'm up to...what are you doing this weekend?

Anyway, have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home