Friday, December 30, 2005

Another Finished Object for 2005



Colin's Bathrobe! It's made out of mint green Sirdar Snowflake, which may be my least favorite yarn to work with! It knits up to a light, fluffy fabric that is fun for children's garments, but it pulls and snarls fiercely during the knitting process. (Guess I'm more of a process knitter than I thought. Even the promise of a finished garment didn't assauge my annoyance at this yarn.) I sense that it won't launder well either, but at this point it is merely a suspicion. I'll instruct SIL not to put it on Colin if he looks "whoopsy"! LOL

Now, there are about 36 hours left to 2005. I have only the collar to finish on Cinxia and completing the Christmas bathrobe means that I'm out of excuses to work on anything else! Wonder if I could finish it by the stroke of midnight? Stay tuned...

By the way, the new issue of Spun Magazine is up! Besides the patterns, there is a lot to read, including a number of book reviews for books I'd consider buying!

Oh, Clare has reminded me that it is her turn for blog stardom. Here is her school photo!

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute the bathrobe looks awesome!

daughter is very pretty!

ttfn

kath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home