Wednesday, February 22, 2006

And Representing the Canadian Sock Knitting Team


"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Probably inappropriate to quote American President Theodore Roosevelt whilst claiming a small victory for the Canadian Sock Knitting team, but the sentiment seems so fitting.

Success, like failure is rarely complete. This pair of socks compromised my neck tendons, blinded my 40 year old eyes and gave me the invaluable gift of humility (thanks to what is quite possibly the ugliest Kitchener Stitch toe I have ever witnessed).

So, I offer up this pair of socks at the altar of Olympic Knitting competition. They aren't perfect, not by a longshot, but they are FINISHED...and...

Oddly enough, they are sort of symmetrical!


4 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your socks are beautiful! Congrats on finishing so quickly!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Chelle said...

Hooked? No, not quite...but intrigued enough to go on a second date! I've already bought the sock yarn...

ONLine in Tiger Stripe!

I do think that I will try my next pair with DPNs. I think that I'll be better able to get a nice join with them rather than with the magic loop method. I always seemed to be struggling with that first stitch.

I'll also try a slightly longer pair of socks, perhaps with ribbing over the instep.

Ok, sounds like I'm just a bit hooked.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Those socks are so CUTE!! I love the colors. I just finished my very first sock and I'm thinking about throwing a party :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just learned how to use dpn needles let alone make a sock!

it looks great Chelle!

kath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home