Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Double Knitting for Dummies


Isn't it cute! I'm attempting to make one for Knitomatic! The bag is double knit, that is you knit both sides of the bag at the same time. The result is that it is fairly sturdy and doesn't need to be lined. Sounds great, doesn't it?

In practice, double knitting is a bit trickier than it looks because the position of the yarn determines the success or failure of the project. Despite a detailed tutorial at Stitch Divas, I'm stil struggling. Did I mention that I've been instructed to skip the coloured stripes and just use the same colour throughout? Somehow, for double knitting this further confuses the issue.

I had to create a tutorial for myself. Note the contrasting colours and clearly identified strands "A" and "B".



I'm telling myself it's just the lack of sleep that's making me so thick lately.

Gillian was the big winner in the sick pup competition today. A nasty, barking cough, paired with a high fever and extreme lethargy won her a trip to the doctor! He further gifted her with nasty tasting medicine for her "spotty tonsils".

Think "healthy pup thoughts" everyone!

2 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a cute bag! You've picked some nice colors for it too!

Sorry Gillian is still sick. I will keep her in my prayers.

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gotta love a bag that you don't have to felt!

it's really cute!

get healthy soon!

healthy vibes comin your way!!!!!


kath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home