Sunday, April 09, 2006

Fun's fun, but let's get back to the knitting....

Well, it was tons of fun peeking at everyone's stash (FYS '06) and I must admit I was greatly comforted to see stashes that make mine look modest (or at least less ridiculous), but it's time to get back to regular knitting.

I've been working on the Hobo Bag and am a little better than halfway through it (no photos yet).

Here is DH's Adirondack Sweater in progress...

Unfortunately for me, he is rather tall, so I've got quite a bit more to knit. At least it is pretty mindless for the next while. It's a great knit for riding in cars, waiting on kids at swimming lessons and so forth.

Tomorrow is the last official day of Lunchtime Knitting Club. The nice weather and cross-country team are proving to be too much competition for Mondays at noon! None of our knitters made it up to the felting stage of the project, but I suspect that they will get there before the end of the school year. I've promised to come back in June, when the weather is warm and host an outdoor felting party!

Oh, for anyone who was wondering how all those skeins of yarn were arranged for the photograph...here is a picture of Clare and her homemade yarn skein rope ladder. Not shown in this picture are the BBQ tongs...also indispensible to any yarn wrangler/photo stylist. (Don't worry, Clare had a spotter for all of her dangerous stunts.)

3 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

That is one lovely yarn climber you have there. Does she knit the skeins too? They're never too young to start.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

So that's how you did it! Cute idea...I was wondering what the yarn skeins were for! Great helper! It is an awesome picture!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger ShiningWater said...

Chelle!!!

Happy to find you, too! My daughter taught me how to knit yesterday! Well, not really, just how to cast on and do a basic knit. Felt very strange and opposite to me, as I'm really a crocheter, but I'm going to keep up with it. It's sort of like when I started belly-dancing - it took a lot of concentration, because many of the moves are opposite of yoga, which I had been doing for years. I think it's good to challenge ourselves.

Oh, and baklava rules!!!!:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home