Thursday, September 09, 2004

Finally! A Finished Object!

I tend to have a lot of projects going at one time. The logic to this is as follows: sometimes you are in the mood for different types of knitting. When I have time and patience, I can do finishing work (not very often). Late in the evenings, back and forth stockingette is sometimes all I can manage. When it is warm outside, I don't care to have large, wooly projects piled in my lap. (the WIP Dale coat feels suspiciously like a russet-coloured Retriever when it is heaped on me)

So, lots of creations on the go, waiting for the perfect opportunity for me to work on each of them! The down side is, things advance VERY slowly!

Anyway, I finished up one of the Flower Power Bags from Hello Knitty today! It is for my SIL and is designed to her specifications. Reverse colours (black on black with colour only in the detail) and an especially long strap, because she is tall.

My SIL graciously purchased two of the bags that I am knitting for www.GuardianforGillian.com Check out our progress on the website!!

I think that I prefer the coloured bags with the black straps. One of the things that I noticed with this bag is that large quantity of black yarn dulled the fuschia flower during the felting process. If I had to do it again, I might try attaching the flower petals after the felting process.




Here is my attempt to demonstrate the lining and magnetic snap. Isn't the lining fabric a hoot!


Well, one finished object behind me!

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hello - I keep checking to see if you have changed the id to 38 in the html ring code. Once you have done it, please let me know and I will be more than happy to add to the GTA Knit Blog Ring.

Have a good weekend.

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home