Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Racing to Finish...Again


You think I would be better at this...not biting off more than I can knit, but no.

The school Fun Fair is Saturday morning and I'm working on a Pinwheel Baby Blanket. (Made with Bernat Satin for economy and easy care!)

A bit more and I should be able to cast off...oh and figure out a way to finish the edges!

In other news, I found some lovely Wool Gatto at Knitomatic last week. (In real life, the colour is closer to that of the flesh of a Kiwi fruit.) It will make a lovely baby blanket, maybe another Alphabet Baby Blanket for someone special!

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Love the pin wheel blanket! What circular cast on method did you use for it?

Sorry you are down to the wire knitting!

Your yarn sounds lovely!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Hi Ruinwen,

The pattern recommended casting 5 stitches onto DPNs and increasing into each stitch in the first row. I played around with this method for a bit and no matter what I did, the cast on puckered a bit, or overlapped stitches unattractively. So, I cast on 10 stitches (just a plain knitted on cast on)onto the DPNs and went from there. The effect is that there is a small open circle at the centre of the blanket, rather than the little pucker, but I don't mind the way it looks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home