Friday, November 12, 2004

A Present for Me!!

Lookie what my SP sent me! Sorry the pretty wrapping paper didn't survive eager little helping hands, but you can see the lovely greeting card!



Photography isn't my long suit, so I'll describe my haul!

A copy of Vogue Weekend Knits...I love it! Lots of fun (and hopefully fast) stuff. I'm already thinking about variations on the Mission Falls Baby Blanket and Aran Baby cap!

A hand-made chenille flower-shaped facecloth (I think I recognize this from Melanie Fallick's Weekend book!) Now if I only had some...

Handmade fruity soaps! Strawberry and Apricot based combinations...suitable for a long relaxing soak while sipping...mulled wine!

Some spices in a neat little bag with a cork attached for mulling wine or cider...(ok, wine...who am I kidding with the cider silliness)


A ball of something really fun! Black "ladder" type yarn with small squares of colour as the "rungs"...bronzes, golds, coppers...colours for a red-head! Ooh! I just noticed, the facecloth colours are co-ordinated with this yarn! Hmmmm....

You can't really see it in the picture, but it looks similar to Bernat's Matrix. Closest to the copper and natural colour ways! Even the nicer picture doesn't do the colour or texture justice. Wonder if there is anyway to combine this with the Safari tape ribbon that I picked up last month? They are both similar colours, but their textures are so different and distinctive...Hmmmm



A small, decorative planter! Ok, I've lost this one. Clare noticed that the planter is almost an identical shade of yellow to her bedroom and wouldn't it be nice to be able to put some flowers (more likely a small stuffie) in it as a decoration. Fortunately, Daddy is home this weekend for nail hammering duties.

Still, most of the stuff is UNSHAREABLE with children. (Not to sound terribly selfish, but in a household where closing the bathroom door is a rare privilege, privacy and sole ownership are cherished!)

Thank you, merci, gratias, danke Secret Pal!

And on another happy note, I have moved through yet another stage of my life. No, not that life change. I have completed the Loopy Coat. Just to make sure that I didn't loop just a little bit more on it (like the entire collar), I dropped it off at Haley's KNITOMATIC Stitch N Bitch last night.

Haley suggested that perhaps "looping" was my calling. I believe that is Haley-speak for "seek profession help with all possible haste". Against the better judgment of all, I'm trying to design another "loop-based" project to be completed after the Christmas gift crunch. Restrained looping is the key here. (Something about that statement just smacks of a recovering alcoholic pondering resuming "social drinking".)



Lest you are thinking..."hey, she isn't a redhead" the model is one of Gillian's therapists, Melissa. I'm not much of a photographer, so I figured the garment stood a better chance of looking nice draped over a 20-something, size 2 model than over a ...well...20 and then some, size 2 and then some me!

Well, that's it for now. I hope to complete at least the first shipment of Flower Power Bags (one each in pink, blue and green) over the weekend for mailing on Monday. Still lots of time for Christmas delivery, right?

Happy Weekend!

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger mmj said...

It looks freakin' amazing!!!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Haley said...

hey! i said you're a mighty fine looper, not that you're loopy. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home