Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Where to start??

Forgive this disjointed post, but things have been so busy and so sad and happy at the same time, that I'm sure that I won't be able to describe everything succinctly.

First, thank you for the expressions of sympathy over my mother-in-law's passing. It has been a very difficult time for my hubby and his family, as I'm sure you can imagine. The initial shock of losing his mother is wearing off and the grieving and straightening out of affairs is just beginning.

Next, some HAPPY news! A guardian angel has stepped forward with the rest of the funds needed to sponsor Gillian's service dog!! Can you imagine! Five thousand dollars from total strangers touched by Gillian's plight. I get all weepy just thinking about how kind this gift is.

The donation came from Arthur's Juices


Arthur's Juices has a history of putting at least 10% of their profits back into the community, concentrating particularly on charities and initiatives that enrich the lives of children in our global community.

Thank you so much! There will never be anything but Arthur's Juices in our fridge from now on!!

The owners of Arthur's Juices learned about Guardian for Gillian while watching Haley's "Speaker's Corner" presentation.

Once again Haley (and Knitomatic), thank you! XOX


Finally, silly news...I have several new orders for bags to support Guardian for Gillian, so I'll be knitting Perfect Pouches and Flower Power Bags for at least a month straight!

I will continue to fundraise for National Service Dogs. While Gillian has met her goal, NSD is a very small, charitable organization that still requires funds and I can't think of anything I'd rather support!


1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger mmj said...

Chelle,
Words cannot express how happy I am for you. Big warm hugs in this really crazy week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home