Monday, October 04, 2004

Weekend Fun! (Parts were fun...)

Saturday was the big book launch for KnitWit at Lettuce Knit! I not only got to go out after dark, talk to grownups and eat cake without sharing a single bite...but I met all those knitters that I know only through their blogs (and occasional, not stalking or anything like that, email)

I was a bit silly...I bought the book (which is lovely and would make a fabulous present for new knitters) and had it autographed by the designers present! Thanks to Stephannie , Jenna , Amy , Veronik , Natalie , Jillian , Kathy

I did get a teeny bit of my own knitting done...






I'll skip the weekend part about the sick pup (Gillian) and fever/vomiting...

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

The poncho looks great - just wondering - how many stitches did you cast on? My daughters looks about the same size as yours - and she wants a poncho as well. I; m being lazy here - as I don't want to do the trial and error thing.

thanks

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Lisa,

I cast on 56 stitches. One caveat, I did use 8mm needles instead of the 9mm needles that Yarn Harlot uses. Another thing, I started with DPNs because the smaller neck wouldn't close on the circulars.

Hope this helps,
Chelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home