Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Gillian and Clare!


My babies turned 7 years old yesterday. Not much of a celebration last night, Clare is having a movie party next weekend and is saving the excitement until then. Ellery made a small low-fat chocolate birthday cake using her new cookbook.

Ellery is what might be charitably described as a "picky eater" and has recently added "vegetarian" to her list of requirements for acceptable food. Coupled with the pre-adolescent girl's newly discovered fascination with thinness, it can make mealtime trying. I'm trying to react with positive support for healthy eating choices and found some healthy cookbooks at the library. This one, Looneyspoons: Low Fat Food Made Fun, is great!

In knitting news, I'm working on a variation of Jodie Danenberg's Saturday Market Bag




A couple modifications, per Zibibbo's suggestions , I started with an envelope-style pocket and picked up the stitches for the bag around the edges. The hope is that the bag will be able to be stored in itself when I'm finished. I fear that I may have made the pouch too small. Well, that is the point of experimenting, right?

Anyway, the bag is made from Butterfly 10 cotton in lipstick red! Very festive!

Well, I should scoot, my break is over and I have to return to moving all of the junk from our downstairs to our upstairs in preparation for flooring work next week. I'm looking forward to the finished product, but neither the noise nor mess necessary to get there.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger aija said...

Happy bday babies!

Oh, please share your mods for the SMB if you dig them-- the pattern really caught my eye. The red is great too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home