Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Bad Blogger...Bad!

Sorry, I've been a lousy blogger this past week or so...

In my defence, it's been crazy busy. After waffling for the six years since we moved into the Plywood Palace (DH's term, not mine), we bit the bullet and had the nasty 20 year-old astro-turf carpet replaced with hardwood. Now quite frankly, the installers from The Floor Shop did most of the work, but I did the prep.

Prep work in this case involved packing all the breakables on my ground floor and moving them to the second floor or basement as well as moving all the furniture smaller than a sofa to higher or lower ground too. It killed the better part of a week. The next week was spent with the kids and I crowded into our kitchen as it was the only habitable space on the ground floor of our house. Now, the floors are done and look rather nice, I'm trying to put things back into place. Oh, and while this was going on, dog training, School Council meetings, Therapy Meetings and Birthday parties were happening.

So, not much knitting. Well, I did manage to squeak out a few rows while watching Cars at Clare's birthday movie party, in between the six (count them 6) trips to the restroom that I chaperoned.

I'm working to finish Clare's Molly Bolero from Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits and to finally complete Gillian's orange hoodie. (the more I look at it, the more I think that skinny-minny Clare will walk away with that one too!)

Anyway, here's a preview of the stairs...

2 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The stairs are gorgeous!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

The stairs are gorgeous. I can just see you now, hanging over the bannister, "Rhett, Rhett".

I know what you mean about life getting in the way of knitting. My oldest two are leaving next Thursday and I see many knitting days upon me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home