Friday, February 09, 2007

Still No Knitting


Ok, during my one day this week when I WASN'T home with pukey kids or pukey myself, I had my stitches removed. The finger is still slightly infected and I'm wearing a slathering of antibiotic ointment and a fingercot... so, not much knitting activity going on here.

Since my doctor's office is right around the corner from Knitomatic , I figured I had to stop by and reward my bravery. (hey, suture removal is traumatic)

I was remarkably restrained (possibly by the looming threat of "Flash Your Stash 2007") and I left only with the current issue of Interweave Knits and possibly a couple skeins of Cascade 220, cuz they were on sale and I can use them for my much anticipated Stash-busting Log Cabin Afghan.

(I usually like IK, but this month they have really redesigned the magazine into a much more "knitter friendly" format featuring multiple, clear photos of the projects, with fewer artsy shadows and cringing, slouching, shoulder-hugging models. It's much easier to tell the design elements of the garments.)

So, I've spent this week patting clammy foreheads and waiting for calls from the school to retrieve sick pups. Oh well, Monday is just around the corner.


4 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, suture removal definitely necessitates a trip to the yarn store. Hope your finger is up to knitting soon.
And these miserable cramps I've got make me want to indulge in a little online shopping -- the only thing stopping me is that Adam has grabbed and hidden my Visa. Sneaky little tyke...

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Hiding Mommy's Visa Card...ooh, I can feel DH misting up! Adam is the son he never had!!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Yeah, but buying yarn you can't knit yet is frustrating! You'll have to buy some more to take the edge off.

Can I tell you how pissed off I am that my copy of IK always shows up WAY after it's available on newsstands? Is this how it is now for magazines? I remember when subscribing meant you'd get it first.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Haley said...

i think i may have resolved the bath-mat connumdrum ... but not the way we thought. there's a great worsted wwight cotton bathmat in one-skein!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home