Thursday, January 18, 2007

They're So Cute When They're Sleeping...


Ok, this really isn't a much better picture of the sweater, it really does look nice on DH. Unfortunately, he just got home from a business trip last night and conked out before I managed to photograph him.

Notice the remote control for the television...guarded even in his sleep...


I'm working away on the Astra Cardigan, facing one of my usual dilemnas. I made proper gauge squares and determined that I needed to use 4.5mm needles instead of the 4.0mm called for by the pattern. The sweater recipient requested that I make the largest size of the pattern, but the finished dimension of the cardigan was only 2 inches larger than her bust measurement. Frankly, that isn't as much ease as I would like in a cardy, so I tweaked the pattern a bit to add about a half size more to the sweater. Now of course, I'm freaking out that the sweater will be too large.

Before I panic, frog everything I have done (one front panel and about one third of the back), I should complete the back and pin it to the front to get an idea of what the finished size will be. Seem reasonable?

Well, tomorrow is PJ day at school and I have to go make sure that the offspring have clean, presentable nightwear for the morning...

2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

The sweater looks great. You're lucky, if I tried taking a picture of Paul sleeping and posted it on my blog I think we would have our first fight. He hates taking pictures even more than I do.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the sweater! It looks great on your DH! *even asleep*

Congrats on your stash diet!

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home