Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Couple Finished Objects



Well, not really a couple of finished objects I suppose, because the sock is a lone sock, not a pair and therefore isn't really a finished object unless I intend to hang it on my fireplace on Christmas Eve.

Ellery is reluctantly and sleepily modeling the Silkroad Cardigan. Miss Elle was invited to a mock-sleepover party and was required to wear jammies and a robe. She outgrew her last bathrobe so she "borrowed" the cardigan for the party. I'm sure this is only the beginning for me, with three daughters and all... Anyway, ignore the surly, bleary-eyed pose, the picture was snapped fairly late in the evening after the festivities.

Once again, I'm a bit disappointed with the finished product. As usual, I substituted yarns (in part to wear down my stash) and while the Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed is sturdy for everyday wear (my intended use for the cardy), it really doesn't drape as nicely as the Silkroad Aran would have. Yeah, I know, soft and drapey really doesn't produce a sweater that you can wear around the house with jeans everyday. Another knitting Catch-22.


The sock is Fleece Artist Merino and I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out. The colour is nice, the yarn is soft, the fit is great...only one problem...

I really don't feel like knitting another sock right now. Hopefully the feeling of sock-fatigue will pass quickly and I won't become another single sock knitter statistic.

Otherwise, things are busy. After Gilly's trip to the dentist on Monday the whole family (cept for Dad) came down with a really nasty tummy bug and the next two days were spent...well, I'll spare you the details. We're all up and around now though and hopelessly behind on schoolwork and social obligations!!

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger aija said...

That's a beautiful FA colorway. Don't worry about not starting right away, when you do-- it'll be like getting a pair of socks in half the time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home