Friday, October 13, 2006

My Name is Chelle...and I'm a Seam-a-phobic...


Funny, a quick scan of the DSM-IV yields a host of Anxiety Disorders :

Generalized Anxiety Disorder,
Panic Disorder,
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,
Phobia,
Social Phobia,
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder... but not

Seam-a-phobia more commonly known as Finished Object Anxiety Disorder

Yup, I now have two completely finished sweaters, my Silkroad Aran and Clare's Orange Twist sweaters folded up on my "to be stitched up" table. And there they sit, and sit, and sit. As a means of delaying the inevitable, I even reknit both sleeves on Clare's sweater and started a new project (Tiger Stripe sweater for my nephew), but it's time to face the fact that...

I have to sew sweater seams.

Wish me luck as I blow the dust off my Vogue Knitting Reference Manual.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Me, I like finishing. I think it's a matter of perspective. Imagine the finished sweater, you in the finished sweater at your LYS or SnB--what will it take to get there? Don't rush it and you'll do fine. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home