Friday, September 15, 2006

Happy Knitting Dance!



After nibbling away to produce nearly 60 inches of 4 inch 2 X 2 ribbing for the Silkroad Cardigan, I ran out of yarn with one tie left to knit! Less than 10% of a skein! ARRRGH...

Of course, these were the two balls of Gatto that Haley dug out of a clearance basket in her store so...THERE WERE NO MORE IN THAT COLOUR when I dropped by yesterday.

Haley called me this morning. She found a bit of the olive Gatto. I don't know where she found it, or what she had to do to get it and I'm not asking any questions. I'm just grateful. Grateful and thankful that I'm not unravelling the WHOLE thing to reknit it 1 rib skinnier to economize on yardage.

After the horrid Striped Vest and the Orangina fiasco, I'm not sure that I could have taken another knitting setback.



Oh, BTW, I'm finished the front and back of the Orange Twist Sweater. I knit it in the round up to the armholes.

Oh, lest you think that the knitting funk is behind me, this sweater has been rechristened "Clare's Sweater". (Clare is two years younger and much ropier than Ellery.) The sweater is a couple inches slimmer than anticipated. But surely I did a gauge square? Yup, a couple in fact, testing both the pattern requested 4mm needles and the 4.5mm needles that I ultimately needed to get gauge with my yarn.

After carefully swatching to determine that I had to size up to 4.5mm needles to get gauge, I somehow put the wrong needles back into their cases and knit the garment with the 4mms. DOH! I'm tempted to force myself to knit a big pile of novelty yarn garter stitch scarves as penance.

happy weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home