Friday, August 04, 2006

Something New at The Garter Belt

My favorite pattern site has a new designer! Marie Grace Smith

I love her sweaters, especially the kids stuff, fresh but not trendy. And it looks like Marie will be creating things for that tough to knit for group of "tweens"...too old for Thomas the Tank Engine intarsia pullovers but not quite ready (at least in Mummy and Daddy's eyes) for bared body bits and metallic yarns.

I confess that I've already picked up one of her designs..


Doesn't this just look like the comfiest sweater in the world? A bit more "dressed" than a sweatshirt, but just as cozy for long days at school. I'm sure that I have something in the stash that would work for this. (you can roll your eyes now)

Well, it's a long weekend here and Ellery is having her birthday party tomorrow, so I had best get to work on the loot bags. We're going with a 'back to school' theme (mostly wishful thinking on Mum's part, but it really is a scant 31 days away.) Elle picked out miniature handbags in ice cream colours to be used as pencil cases next school year. We have to stuff them with coloured pencils, pens, glue sticks, erasers, scissors and highlighters. Fortunately for my handbag, there are few participants!


2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

I love that site too. I just bought the Shelagh raglan last week. I have so much in my stash it's hard to choose which yarn to use.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I'm catching up on my blogs--love the pinwheel pattern! LOL about the math and will go check out garter belt asap. Oh, and the Sandy/Noro pattern--yum. Thanks for all the great links! Good luck with the Bday party--school starts here in 2 weeks--yippee!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home