Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back from a Week of Cottaging!

Lots of hanging by the water's edge, playing lifeguard. Surprisingly, quite a bit of knitting due to the nasty long drive out of and back into the city.

I worked on the Silkroad Cardigan using some Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed that I have in my stash and have completed the front and back as well as part of the first sleeve. The whole thing is knit in rib, so it is pretty slow going.

I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to use for the contrast colour around the collar. I have some wool/acrylic boucle in flat black that will do in a pinch, but I just might find something better. The main colour is a bright olive tweed with burnt orange, turquoise and black flecks. Picking either bright contrast colour might be a little visually jarring, so I am leaning towards black. Also, the collar/ties band needs to be a bit softer than the Aran Tweed, since it will rub against my neck, so the acrylic blend may just work.

No WIP photos...but I do have a couple of the kids with Haley at the cottage.




Haley BTW was brilliant at the cottage. She adores swimming and fetches sticks from the water like a champ. She is very protective of the girls when they are swimming. Haley was concerned when Gillian was "floating face down" in the lake (a very annoying pastime of Gillian's that is made tolerable only because she was wearing a life jacket and floating two feet away from me in 16 inches of water) Haley didn't see it that way and insisted on dragging Gillian to shore by the scruff of her lifejacket. Very sweet of Haley. Unfortunately, Gillian was face down at the time of the dragging and less appreciative of "Puppy's" efforts.

Here they are in happier times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home