Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sit Ubu Sit, Good Dog...



Fellow knitters, does it seem reasonable to you to press the dog into service as a fashion model because the kids are alseep and you really, really want a postable picture of your latest finished object? Thought so, seemed ok with me too. DH on the other hand is less convinced.

Haley is modeling Gillian's hoodie. This was one of those projects where I really should have cut my losses and frogged the whole thing before I invested SO much time. It is a very easy pattern from an old copy of Easy Knitting and I started it with the hope of using up some Pingofrance yarn that I had in my stash. The yarn knit to gauge (on 3.0mm needles!) but the fabric is a bit firmer and has much less drape than the intended yarn. I'll try blocking it out a bit to see if it softens, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Isn't Haley a really great sport!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Chelle said...

Hi Monica!
Gillian is VERY picky about soft...it's about the only charactistic she requires for clothing, so this yarn was a really bad choice for this garment. On the other hand, I might be able to convince Clare to wear the hoodie if I stitched on a kitty button or applique! Clare is infinitely less picky about texture...it's all about kitties!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Haley said...

that is one good lookin go you've got there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home