Thursday, September 21, 2006

Guess I Didn't Use Up All My Bad Luck Last Week

Warning: not exactly as shown...



I was stopped behind a car making a left hand turn on a street near my home, when the lady behind me failed to stop. Hard. Of course, I had all three kids and the dog in the car with me. Everyone is rattled and achy in the back and neck, but no one is seriously injured. (gotta love seatbelts and headrests).

The van didn't fare as well. It's 4 years old and has more than 100,000 kms on it, so it won't take much to total it. The frame is bent, the back panel and door destroyed...it is undriveable. We could be kicking tires this weekend. I've spent the last couple days picking up a rental van, trotting kids off to doctors and trying to get things back to normal.

DH is experiencing mixed emotions. Sure, his entire family was spared serious injury or even death, but c'mon...that fuel pump was brand new...the tires (top of the line, of course) had less than 300kms on them...we just finished paying off that van this year!!!

On the lighter side, I did manage to pick up my spare ball of Gatto from Haley's store , Clare's MRI showed no serious knee problems and my wonky tooth won't need a root canal...this time. Woo Hoo.

Not much knitting to report...my neck and back are killing me and curiously my forearms are very sore. I guess that I braced myself pretty hard against the steering wheel.

Since I have no knitting pictures, here is a visual representation of the value of the new van that we might be acquiring. Funny, $30,000 is much prettier in the hands of Tiffany's than Ford.

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

OMG! I'm so glad everyone was okay. Sorry about the van but your heath and well fare is so much more important.

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So good to hear that y'all are mostly okay! Advil, physio & massage can cure most anything - I hope it will for you too!!

A new van - lucky ducks. I know it sucks to think about maybe having to make payments again ... but, a new van!!!

Take it easy - read knitting magazines & knitting blogs.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Hard Drive Repairs Durham said...

Thank you forr writing this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home