Friday, May 18, 2007

We're Number One..yeah...We're Number One

Ok, I'm not number one. On a good day, I think I'm closer to number 23 in my life. I'm using the royal 'we' to refer to my daughter Clare. Hey, I'm a mum, I'm allowed some bragging rights!
Today was the local school's track and field meet and my dd Clare won 4, (not two, not three, but four) first place ribbons.

I'm so proud I could burst. Now, appreciate that my girlhood athletic career was at best non-existent and at worst fodder for years of therapy. Clare's prowess is evidence of genes skipping generations (MIL was quite an athlete)...or disputed parentage...(did I mention that MIL was an accomplished amateur athlete?)
Anyway, Clare (our youngest, who has been reassigned the role of oft-neglected middle child by fate) is basking in her triumph...and so I am happy...happy that she is happy...cuz remember, a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child, and all of my children are in pretty high spirits today!

BTW, older sister Ellery placed third in shotput. Ellery is much more like her mother (looks, temperment, athletic ability) than Clare, so any ribbon is a huge accomplishment. Shotput might be Ellery's forte though. When it comes to our natural abilities, Ellery and I are; to quote my schoolfriend's grandfather when he described how he and his brothers selected wives in the old country... "not much like pretty face, but strong like ox!".

Yup, I shoulda tried shotput.

Oh, Gillian is doing well too. Her recent tantrums at school have subsided and days are once again uneventful, plus today, I made cake! Life is good!

3 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations Clare & Ellery!!
Amanda's school is doing track next week - hopefully it will be nice enough to knit outside.

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Congrats to the girls on their ribbons! :)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

Congrats to both the girls on their ribbons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home