Saturday, April 28, 2007

Knitter's Frolic & Frivolity & Tummy Flu....I know...TMI

Too much information...

I wish it had been just Knitter's Frolic and Frivolity...

I hadn't planned on getting out to the DKC Knitter's Frolic this year (in fairness, I miss it for one reason or another every year), but despite our super-busy weekend crammed full of swimming lessons, fish painting and martial arts demonstrations, by early afternoon all the other members of my family wanted to do was sit on the couch under blankets and stare feebly at the television.

Ok, if I was a caring mum, I would have taken this as a sign that something bad was going to happen imminently, but since DH was home, I figured that Cinderella had a small window of opportunity to get to the Ball!

Fortunately, I arrived close to the end of the day and only had time for a few purchases. I did manage to run into Rochelle from my SNB as well as Wannietta and the infamous Yarn Harlot.

See, photographic proof...


FWIW, Stephanie and I are WAY HOTTER in person.

I did purchase yarn despite needing it like a hole in the head (see sidebar stash picture), but it was Philosopher's Yarn to knit an Aran sweater for DH that he requested more than a year ago, so it doesn't count as a purchase, right? (YarnDAL rules?)

I also picked up some super-cute kitty buttons that Clare will adore and a computer mouse pad decorated with sheep. (you have to return with something for the kids when you are gone more than a hour on the weekend)

Most importantly, I made it home for the puking. Ellery, my oldest, held off until I got home. Such thoughtfulness! Anyway, it's likely a minor tummy bug, since we are all slightly under the weather, but of course I will watch them all carefully.

Hope you all are having a healthier weekend!

7 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That is really cool: meeting the Harlot not the puking. Hope everyone is better soon! :)

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you yesterday, you left out the part where not only are we hotter in person, but taller and thinner.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was great to meet you too!! You're totally hotter in person!

Hope Ellery's feeling better.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Vaedri said...

Yarn makes even a miserable day tolerable. I hope you're all feeling a bit better today.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger kimbelina said...

Definitely hotter in person! And i hope everyone's feeling better soon. So sweet of Ellery to wait for you to puke. Now that's love!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you got to get out there for a bit, I missed it AGAIN. AND you met the Yarn Harlot, sounds like a good day to me!!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

I was there! I saw the Harlot! I was too shy to snap a pic or even ask. Doh! Oh well, glad that you made it. Should make the illness pass that much faster.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home