Friday, March 30, 2007

Silly Busy...but not too much knitting

We're painting...well, actually Prep & Paint Plus is painting, the kids, dog and I are merely observing. Not helping (that's important), just trying to stay out of the way of the horrid, choking dust (stripping and sanding old wallpaper glue) and fresh paint. So far, so good.

Anyway, the painting is done and as soon as I have removed the light patina of white dust from everything, I'll post pictures of my new front hall. In the meantime, here is Clare sporting my Fake Isle Hat. Notice that I completed it just in time for our spring weather!! Hey a Finished Object is a Finished Object.


I got stalled up on the Eyelet Yoke Sweater for about a week, when I ran out of yarn about a third of the way through the collar. The mailman brought the final ball of yarn today, so completion is imminent.


In the meantime, I cast on for this in Clare's size....

Remember a couple years ago when I attempted to knit this from mercerized cotton and couldn't keep the edges from rolling despite NUMEROUS attempts. I figured that a merino might be more forgiving (it isn't) and if not, at least it would block more easily. The lower back edge is curling, but I'm thinking that if the curl won't block out, I might repeat the front edge ruffle on the bottom edge to conceal the curl. The merino I'm using is a variegated blue/multi colour and I think that the subtle pattern on the ruffle will be lost. I'll play around with some swatches, but I think that a plain, but fuller and fluffier ruffle will work with the yarn colour. Fluffy ruffles always work with 7 year olds.

Anyway, the worst part about the construction debris in the hallway is the fact that I haven't been able to take my Flash Your Stash 2007 picture yet. I don't think the stash situation has improved much, but the staircase and hallway look nicer!

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I really like the way the hat came out. It looks great. Your daughter is lovely and her hair is so great.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Vaedri said...

I love the colours in the hat. And I feel the pain of the rolling mercerized cotton. I'm working on a baby jacket (baby kimono from Mason Dixon) and it's curling so badly it's hard to measure accurately. I think it will be okay when it's all sewn up, though. I really like the blouse-y look of the sweater - I hope it behaves for you!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

This hat is so lovely and so is your daughter! I love the way the colors meld into one another! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home