Thursday, February 15, 2007

99% Finished Object



This is the Astra "Elegant Cardigan" in Cranberry. Finished, finally. It wasn't a quick knit but that was exacerbated by the fact that for the last couple weeks I have been knitting with stitches, finger cots and neon-coloured bandages. But, it is finished (except for stitching on the buttons)

Next projects...

I haven't been having much luck with the Fake Isle hat from Magknits The pattern is fine, I'm just not really enjoying knitting it. Maybe it's the thick yarn on short circulars that's doing it?

Gillian's Toggle Coat is progressing slowly. It's a simple knit, but I really have to keep checking my progress against the dismembered sweater that I'm using as a template, so the project isn't conducive to "lap knitting" in front of the television.

So, I'm thinking of starting a gansey from Rowan Denim. I'm leaning toward the simpler ones (simple is relative...I guess "flatter profiled" garments might be a more accurate description) since I'm not certain how flattering thick cables and large bobbles will be on me.

Here are a couple possibilities...
Boatman

Tree of Life


Seahorse

Sunday Best (obviously, much bigger!)

Any thoughts...?



Oh, on the bright side...I missed my Tuesday Knitting Lunch Club at the girls' school a week ago (see pukey pup post)...but guess what? It went on anyway! A couple of the teachers and the school secretary jumped in and took over. Isn't that great! Just a little push and knitting/crocheting has some momentum!

One of the teachers, Mrs. P has suggested these for our first project and the kids love them!

They are "comfort dolls", knitted from scraps as flat rectangles then sewn, stuffed and decorated! They are used to prevent medical and other fragile supplies shipped to Afghanistan and other overseas destinations from becoming damaged during transit. Once the crates arrive and the supplies are unpacked, the dolls are given to local children. Great idea huh?




2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Vaedri said...

What a lovely little sweater! And I love the comfort dolls.

My voat is for the first cardigan - I like the look of it.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the elegant cardigan. The pattern is very snazzy. How you managed to knit it with bandaged digits is inspirational!

My vote is for the white sweater...it looks like it fits nicely.

The dolls are a great idea! What a fun project!

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home