Saturday, March 31, 2007

Jumping the Gun....Just a Little



Ok, remember this was the year that I was going to get the stash under control. Well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions...


Click HERE for a larger, more horrifying version.

The painters left our house Friday at dinner time and we were expecting company on Saturday, so we had to hustle! I'm amazed that the girls and I managed to set this up, take the photos and put everything back into plastic baggies and appropriate Rubbermaid totes in under 3 hours. Unfortunately, the composition of the photo suffered somewhat because of our haste. I think we did a better job of arranging the yarn by colour and texture last year.


Just for reference, here is last year's photo.






Ok, so the stash doesn't look any smaller, but the transformation to our hallway is pretty dramatic...new stairs, fresh paint...ignore the handrails...they still need to be restained, but hey, it's a start!!

14 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger aija said...

Yay! I loved your flash last year, this one's great! :) Nice new staircase, too!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Tonight I was telling my sister about "this woman who has a great staircase.." and here you are again! Great stash and the new flooring looks gorgeous!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I was telling someone about you yesterday too! It's great to see it set up again the same way. The hardwood looks Fantastic!
Great job again!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Awesome flash! I love the stair shot.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yay! I was hoping for the stair shot again - I loved it last year, too.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger RhettaRic said...

It is April 1st. Is that an April Fool's entry? No way. Not that much stash??? I only have a little chest full and a bit of an oversplash, but I'm not buying any more - really - until I use what I have. This shot scared me.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The hallway looks terrific!

And the yarn is so yummy.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a really nice stash. I love your new hardwood floors, too :)

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

What a beautiful shot, and a beautiful stash!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The floor is beautiful! And oh yes, so is the yarn!
3 hours? It took me about 3 minutes to arrange my stash...

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that stash! And the transformation of the stairs..such pretty hardwood floors to go with your stash!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Gorgeous stash staircase! And I LOVE the transformation - especially those hardwood floors!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you win, even if I had enough yarn to fill the stairs the dog hair would stop me.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Oooh, I'm so diZZy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home