Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bacardi WIP



I haven't posted pictures of things still on the needles in a while, so here's Bacardi. Don't know what I've done with the colour settings on the camera, it's really much warmer olive colours with peach and coral accents.

It's slow going so far, because the cardigan is knit in one piece up to the armholes. I'm reasonably happy with the progress so far, but starting to freak out about running out of yarn. For some of the colours, the pattern calls for one skein and I have acquired/retrived from stash ONE skein. Some of this stuff is pretty old and I don't think I could get more if I had to. That seems to be the way my knitting goes, either I'm scrambling to have extra skeins shipped from the far corners of the earth, or I have almost enough left over for a second garment. What am I doing wrong?

Tonight is SNB, so if I manage to get out to it, I'll work on the stockingette Chelsea sweater. It's pretty straightforward, so hopefully I'll have enough completed for a WIP photo of it tomorrow.

6 more days...

5 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I dunno 'bout the Bacardi, but it does look very Pistachio!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh I love your colors! Look forward to seeing it's progress!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Beautiful...beautiful...beautiful...I love those colors! :)

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Chelle said...

Ooooh Wannietta, I think you're on to something...but with the pink AND the pistachio, how about


Spumoni!!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Elysbeth said...

It's funny how that whole "enough" thing works. Good Luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home